What We Believe
At Trading Ford we understand that the beliefs that we treasure are like a root system of a strong tree. They are foundational and keep us steady during the storms of life. They also run deep and nourish us spiritually. A few of these basic beliefs are that…
- An all knowing, all powerful, righteous, loving God created the universe and everything in it. Genesis 1:1; John 1:1-3
- This God has revealed himself to us through His creation, but more specifically through His written word the Bible. He has preserved it, it is true and we can trust it. Psalm 19:1; II Timothy 3:16,17
- The crown of His creation and object of his greatest affections are human beings. We alone have eternal souls that will live forever, either in hell apart from God or in heaven, with Him. Genesis 1:27; Hebrews 9:27
- Because of disobedience to God’s commands the whole human race is lives in an imperfect world and is spiritually dead, separated from the loving God who created them. Romans 3:9,10; Colossians 1:21
- Through the sacrifice of Jesus Christ, God’s only begotten son, our sins can be forgiven and we can experience the gift of forgiveness and eternal life that God offers freely. Christ the innocent one took our punishment and died in the place of us the guilty. Romans 5:6-10
- We experience this wonderful state of forgiveness and peace with God through faith in what God has done for us in Christ. Ephesians 2:8,9
- As a result of being transformed by God’s grace, we have become part of the church of Jesus Christ across the world (globally). We also believe we must connect with a body of believers (locally) through which to grow, serve and worship. I Corinthians 12:13; Hebrews 10:25
- As redeemed followers of Jesus Christ we are called to live a holy life before everyone. In particular, we are called to show His love toward one other within the church. Romans 12:1; Ephesians 1:4; I John 4:21
- God has commissioned believers to spread his good news, both to our neighbors and to the farthest corners of the world. Matthew 28:19,20
- The same Christ who came first to pay for our sin has promised to return to earth, and will reign as absolute sovereign of the universe, putting all his enemies under his feet. Acts 1:11; I Corinthians 15:24
This is only a brief summation of our doctrine. For a fuller explanation of what we believe at Trading Ford please visit the SBC site here.
We live in a time where people are searching for something to live for that’s bigger than themselves.
That need can only be satisfied with being put back into a right relationship with our Creator. In a
word, our purpose is to know Him, love Him, serve Him, share Him, and enjoy Him forever. Our vision
grows out of our belief that God does His best work in us through relationships. At Trading Ford, we
call these Bridges, believing that sharing the good news or seeing someone mature in Christ happens
best in healthy relationships. As a church we live that our locally through ministries that touch a
hurting world, and globally through sharing the message of Christ with the whole world through missions
trips and ministry. We honestly believe that God can work through us to make a difference in the world
today. Finally a word on how we view ministry…We believe its best done TOGETHER! God did not just
call a few to do His work; He has a place for every one of us to serve Him. We believe there’s a
place for YOU at Trading Ford Baptist Church!